This ad is expired.
Assistant Director of International Recruitment & Admissions
Classification Title: Program Coordinator I
Classification Code: AH35
Pay Band: 5
Internal Title: Assistant Director of International Recruitment & Admissions
Department: Center for Global Engagement
Position Type: PCLS - Slotted Classified
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Basis: 12 mo.
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week
Normal Work Days:
Normal Work Hours:
Does this position require driving? Yes
Does this position require a credit check? No
Assistant Director of International Recruitment & Admissions
Join this dynamic international recruitment team and have the opportunity to help international students reach their goals of a US education. Duties include admission counseling, application and transcript review, transfer credit evaluation, marketing and international and domestic travel as appropriate. Be a part of this rewarding career at CCU.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Qualifications: this position requires a bachelor's degree and at least one (1) year of relevant program experience. Valid Driver's License without restrictions and passport with ability to travel without exceptions is required. This colleague must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and must remain eligible at all times, per immigration guidelines, to serve as SEVP Designated School Official (DSO) and Alternate Responsible Officer (ARO) and submit to and pass ongoing background checks as a requirement of this position. Preferred qualifications include a master's degree in International Education, Higher Education, Communications or other similar field, two (2) or more years working in international admissions in a higher education setting and familiarity with international educational systems, experience evaluating international high schools transcripts in accordance with AACRAO standards, English Proficiency Test Scores, and reviewing course descriptions and assigning appropriate transfer credit as outlined by CCU university guidelines, experience in developing, using, and evaluating marketing materials in support of international student recruitment, experience working with international students and/or traveling outside the USA with successful representation of a US institution of higher education, and experience using any or all of the following systems: Datatel, Slate and Perceptive.
Coastal Carolina University is a public comprehensive liberal arts institution located in Conway, South Carolina, minutes from the Atlantic coastal resort city of Myrtle Beach. Coastal Carolina University enrolls over 10,000 students from 46 states and 53 nations. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the baccalaureate and selective master's degrees of national and/or regional significance in the arts and sciences, business, humanities, education, and health and human services, a specialist degree in educational leadership, and Ph.D. degrees in Marine Science and Education.
Coastal Carolina University is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and we seek candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. The University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities. We encourage individuals from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
How to Apply: Interested candidates may apply online at https://jobs.coastal.edu/postings/17873. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three (3) professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Coastal Carolina University is an EO/AA employer
Program Coordinator I (AH35/61122954/FTE-S00673P), full-time position with benefits. SC Pay Band 05. Salary range: $35,360.00 (minimum) - $50,394.00 (midpoint). Normal work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Must be flexible to meet the special scheduling needs of the university. May require some overnight travel outside the region and/or country to meet departmental needs.
Bachelors degree and at least one year of relevant program experience are required.
- Masters degree in International Education, Higher Education, Communications or other similar field.
- Two or more years working in international admissions in a higher education setting and familiarity with international educational systems.
- Experience evaluating international high schools transcripts in accordance with AACRAO standards, English Proficiency Test Scores, and reviewing course descriptions and assigning appropriate transfer credit as outlined by CCU university guidelines.
- Experience in developing, using, and evaluating marketing materials in support of international student recruitment.
- Experience working with international students and/or traveling outside the USA with successful representation of a US institution of higher education.
- Experience using any or all of the following systems: Datatel, Slate and Perceptive.
Required Licensure and/or Certification
- Valid Drivers License without restrictions and passport with ability to travel without exceptions.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident required to serve as SEVP Designated School Official and Alternate Responsible Officer
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to support effective presentations and information exchange with prospective and matriculating international students, parents, and institutional partners and to encourage effective coordination with on-campus and off-campus constituencies
- Ability to deliver superior customer service to students, parents, and stakeholders
- Ability to prepare and present detailed reports and studies
- Ability to interpret institutional policies/plans/objectives and communicate interpretation to others to advance changes in process or policy where appropriate
- Ability to work effectively with computer systems (MS Office Suite) and willingness to learn how to work with additional computer software systems as needed.
Additional comments regarding this position
May require some overnight travel outside the region and/or country to meet departmental needs.
Posting Number: FTE-S00673P
Desired Start Date: 11/01/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Job Open Date: 08/04/2022
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, visit https://jobs.coastal.edu/postings/17894
Coastal Carolina University prohibits any form of discrimination against its students, faculty, staff and applicants in its programs or for admission to or employment with the University. For more information, visit Title IX or EEO.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency