This ad is expired.
Administrative Coordinator, International Relations - Wharton External Affairs (Hybrid Eligible)
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Administrative Coordinator, International Relations - Wharton External Affairs (Hybrid Eligible)
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
Wharton External Affairs engages alumni and friends in meaningful, lifelong relationships with the School, sustaining and strengthening a culture of giving that creates positive impact among students and communities worldwide. Four External Affairs teams - Operations; Development; Alumni Relations; and Communications and Donor Relations - work collaboratively across the School and the University to secure philanthropic commitments that empower teaching and learning, research, and dynamic programs that comprise a leading global business education. Wharton celebrates diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging among its esteemed students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
As part of a team of five development staff members, provide support and work along with four externally focused staff members in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of alumni and other constituents affiliated with the Wharton School of Business and the Lauder Institute of Management and International Studies, and who live and work outside of the United States. Day-to-day activities include general administrative support, budget management, prospect research, drafting correspondence, events planning, data and data systems management.
This position requires knowledge of and sensitivity to diverse cultures, and experience working with international constituents is desired. The position also requires the ability to work effectively with constituents living across multiple time zones, languages and customs, while exercising considerable judgment, tact and diplomacy in the performance of duties. This position must have the flexibility at times to work outside normal weekday business hours, including during blocks of time for major events such as Reunion Weekends.
A high school diploma and 5-7 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Knowledge of higher education and not-for-profit sector helpful. Some international experience (living, working, studying abroad) desirable.
Required skills include:
- A demonstrated fluency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to take initiative and independently problem-solve; the ability to meet strict deadlines and to work independently, but collaboratively, within a goal-oriented team environment.
- Ability to conduct internet research; willingness to learn and apply new technologies as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent relational and organizational skills; thorough knowledge of office procedures, practices, and methods; ability to organize and prioritize assignments and work effectively with diverse groups; highly detail oriented; flexible and productive under pressure.
- Ability to staff events, work extended or flexible hours and/or travel when necessary.
- Comfort with diversity in all forms, with different cultural values and norms; knowledge of international issues that affect American higher education.
- Absolute confidentiality and a commitment to professional ethics are essential.
Job Location - City, State
Hybrid Eligible - This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule with a work week divided between working onsite and working remotely.
Department / School
$20.45 - $30.82
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile.
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/FMC-Tower/Administrative-Coordinator--International-Relations---Wharton-External-Affairs_JR00050373
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-f08683a01f9dca4ca46aa7ff8f381a47