- Serve as the first point of contact for the office which includes greeting and receiving visitors; answering and screening phone calls; referring individuals to appropriate staff; and ensuring accurate and timely assistance in all matters.
- Provide overall administrative support to the department including but not limited to: entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work; relaying messages; maintaining files; monitoring equipment; and assessing and ordering supplies.
- Ensure compliance with Babson College policies and procedures.
- Write and type correspondence, reports, and other materials for own or supervisor's signature. Proofread and edit copy generated by supervisor and others, and respond to all emails in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Oversee maintenance of electronic and paper filing systems and databases including retrieval of information, supervision of data entry, interfacing with IT for problem resolution, and revising existing or creating new processes for maximum efficiency. May also assist with updates to department website.
- Maintain supervisor's calendar as needed, ensuring content is accurate and up to date.
- Assist with travel arrangements for department staff, including preparing hotel reservations, scheduling flights, and transportation.
- Responsible for monitoring and assisting with budget preparation, receipts, expenses and record keeping.
- Responsible for planning and arranging logistics for meetings and special events.
- Assume additional responsibilities and special projects as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Associate's Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in general office administration
- Ability to work independently and as a team-member, anticipate needs, act with sound judgment and maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of work
- Must have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Must exercise extreme attention to detail which includes being thorough, accurate, and organized
- Must have strong interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills, positive and professional demeanor at all times, and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance multiple priorities is essential
- Exceptional technology skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) is necessary
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; take thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse colleagues and other constituencies
- Babson College requires all Babson faculty and staff members authorized to work on our campuses or any other property owned or controlled by the College to verify that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19. We have extended our vaccination policy to redquire a COVID-19 booster shot for all eligible community members as well. Students, faculty and staff must provide booster vaccination information by February 1, 2022 or within 21 days of becoming eligible for a booster (unless granted a medical accommodation or religious exemption). Requests for medical accommodation or religious exemption should be addressed directly to Human Resources.
Additional Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- International experience a plus
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nXblqGFGoJeOVFbWaIwk5W
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency