This ad is expired.
Academic Support Manager - International Learner Engagement
About the Opportunity
Northeastern University invites applications for an Academic Program Manager for International Learner Engagement located at The Roux Institute at Northeastern University, in Portland, Maine. This position will report to the Associate Director of Learner Engagement at the Roux Institute.
The Roux Institute seeks an experienced self-starter to serve a growing population of graduate learners in a dynamic and fast pasted new educational organization. Reporting to the Associate Director of Learner Engagement, the Academic Program Manager will support the design and delivery of key strategic learner success and retention initiatives. This position will provide knowledge in best practices for engaging and supporting Roux learners, including international and domestic graduate certificate and degree seekers. This role will serve as a liaison between the Roux Institute, the Colleges, regional campuses, and all University offices on matters pertaining to learner engagement and support. The International Learner Services Associate will work in close collaboration with the Associate Director of Learner Engagement and the Learner Services team to measure success of programs and ensure a rich, high quality learner experience.
- B.A. required; master's strongly degree preferred
- A minimum of 3-4 years of professional work experience, preferably in a higher education setting, in a learner facing role
- Passion for engaging international students in higher education settings
- Experience in intercultural work, preferably in an educational setting
- Experience working in program design and management, academic or program operations/administration, enrollment, learner services, learning experience, or special projects is preferred
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- A strong sense of personal accountability to take projects across the finish line
- The ability to manage up to senior leaders, across to colleagues, and with external partners to accomplish critical, time-sensitive objectives
- The ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong project management skills
- The ability to present to external audiences and be an ambassador for the Roux Institute with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Acute attention to detail and a focus on efficiency
- A culturally responsive mindset
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs and concerns of a diverse student population
- The ability to cultivate positive relationships across lines of difference
- A sense of humor and enthusiasm
- Primary role accountable for the quality and richness of the Roux international learner experience.
- Development and delivery of programming in the areas of pre-arrival information, orientation, student success, and social and cultural adjustment.
- Actively contributes to developing, designing, and implementing programs and systems needed to support and enrich the internationalstudent experience.
- Help facilitate cultural connections and opportunities in Maine for new international learners, including acting as liaison with local organizations.
- Help optimize Roux learner experience by building and maintaining portfolio of local services and resources.
- Liaise with NU Off-Campus Housing office and support international learners in securing housing.
- Help assess needs of international population and facilitate enhanced campus services as needed, including language and tutoring support, via one to one conversations, office hours, focus groups, surveying, and general awareness.
- Organize and lead social and cultural outings in the community.
- Help navigate any issues international students might face. Facilitate connections to relevant offices and resources across NU.
- Act as liaison with Office of Global Services (OGS) to leverage delivery of their programming to Roux students.
- Act as a liaison with Global Learner Services (GLS) to leverage delivery of their programming to Roux students and ensure best practices in alignment with their expertise.
- Advise Roux community on how best to create supportive and welcoming environment for new international students.
Northeastern University's Roux Institute is designed as an engine of innovation, talent-building, and economic growth for Portland, Maine, and northern New England. Partnerships set our model of graduate education and research apart. With leading companies and nonprofit organizations at the table from day one, we are creating programs that are preparing the workforce to stay agile and thrive in a competitive landscape powered by artificial intelligence. We are nurturing an environment for high-impact research and innovation in computer and data science, digital engineering, the advanced life sciences and medicine, and other tech fields. And we are helping entrepreneurs launch businesses focused on and powered by technology. Together, we envision an innovation corridor that in the coming years will stretch from Boston to Portland and beyond.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Portland-ME/Academic-Support-Manager---International-Learner-Engagement_R108398
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-8ce9d1c6972f1342a3fa9996b81669b7