Boston College Introduction
Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,377 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 37 among national universities, Boston College has 878 full-time and 1,201 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $1 billion, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The Academic Operations Manager reports directly to the Associate Director, Finance and Operations, of Boston College's Office of International Programs (OIP) and is responsible for the management of student academic and registration and billing functions, student advising, and outcomes assessment. This position requires regular communication with students, parents, BC overseas staff, BC partner institutions, OIP staff, Student Services, and academic deans.
The Academic Operations Manager will:
- Analyze academic systems and coursework taken overseas and at BC. Evaluate course quality and content in order to ensure that coursework abroad is in keeping with BC standards. Analyze student academic outcomes.
- Procure overseas transcripts, translate credits/grades into the BC system, and register study abroad students. Advise OIP staff, overseas resident directors, and students on academic standards expected, as well as BC policies/procedures. Handle grade appeals and liaise with academic deans regarding student grade disputes.
- Work with OIP staff and BC academic departments to enhance curricular offerings overseas so that courses can fulfill BC requirements. Evaluate and analyze overseas curricular and grade trends, and make recommendations regarding course pre-approval.
- Oversee student registration and billing operations for students going abroad. Liaise with Director, Associate Director for Finance and Operations, and Student Services to evaluate issues and recommend protocol for billing processes. Place housing, GeoBlue Insurance, and external program charges on BC student accounts.
- Maintain up-to-date registration records for semester and summer programs. Work with Student Services to identify any discrepancies and reconcile the discrepancies in the registration status of outgoing students.
- Liaise with Student Services to assist students overseas with their BC course registration.
- Collaborate with Directors of Undergraduate Studies and academic departments to assign a direct BC course code, or elective credits with the level of the course for study abroad course.
- Work closely with Student Services to set up study abroad institutions' information to Eagle Apps such as host institution's credit system, school code, grading scale, and etc.
- Lead the OIP's outcomes assessment efforts, including revisions to the OIP assessment plan, monitoring and revising post-program evaluations and other assessment efforts, organizing program reviews, and liaising with other assessment professionals on campus.
- Contribute to the field of international education by participating in professional activities commensurate with position, i.e. present at and attend regional, national, and international conferences in registrar and education abroad fields.
Hiring range: $51,350-$64,200, salary commensurate with relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree (master's preferred)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent cross-cultural skills
- Strong computer skills
- International experience preferred
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored 403b Retirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sick and Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/nondiscrimination.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://bc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=4415&site=1
Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university that strives to integrate research excellence with a foundational commitment to formative liberal arts education. We encourage applications from candidates who are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic community. Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university, please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency