This ad is expired.
Pima Community College
Position Title:AIT Tutor (Temporary, Part-Time, up to 19.5 hours per week)
Hourly Rate:TUTR $13.00 - $14.50
Closed Date:September 19, 2022, 5:00 PM Arizona Time
Working in the AIT Department, the successful candidate will assist students in developing comprehension in the subject coursework and improve study skills and habits. Tutoring is provided either through one-on-one tutoring sessions, group tutoring sessions, or embedded in classes.
The responsibilities also include learning how to use new capital equipment in areas such as additive and subtractive manufacturing in order to assist students to safely operate the machines.
Additionally, the successful candidate will perform minor electrical and mechanical repairs and when applicable, use the non-functional parts to create troubleshooting scenarios that further assist the students with their comprehension of the subject coursework.
Tutors are trained and certified through multiple venues: in-class instruction, third-party training, onsite-training, online-training, and other modalities as applicable.
Subjects needed include Electricity, Electronics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Mechanical Drives, Programmable Logic Controllers, Robotics, Vision Systems, Laser Cutters, Water Jet Cutter, 3D printers, PrintedCircuit Boards, and three-phase motors. New Subjects may be added as the program expands beyond core courses.
The work schedule for this position is flexible and will include working evenings and weekends.
The hourly rate is based on certification level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students by providing instructional tutoring and assistance with basic concepts, specific problems, homework, test preparation, and the most effective use of textbooks and instructional materials in both virtual and in-person environments.
- Provide students with appropriate and effective study skills to increase their academic success and independence both online and in person.
- Provide students encouragement and support in the areas of self-confidence, study habits, and time management.
- Report to AIT personnel any problems or concerns with equipment or materials.
- Establish effective and cooperative relationships with diverse student and employee populations
- Proven classroom excellence (grade A or B) in the subject(s) to be tutored
- Written Faculty recommendation for the subject(s) to be tutored
Additional Job Requirements:
- Access to the following technology is necessary while tutoring remains virtual:
- Reliable and stable internet connection
- Tutors must complete CRLA level 1 certification within one year of employment
- Tutoring Experience
- Multiple subjects
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency